Monday, August 13, 2007

Different day, new project

Ok, so 'I hate baked beans' is doing the rounds of the agents and publishers - and fingers crossed. But now I am really excited about a new project.

A few years ago I started developing a fantasy world - something to immerse myself in and write about, for a bit of fun really. In my youth I was, and probably still am to be fair, a nut about fantasy role playing games such as Gary Gygax's Dungeon's and Dragons. We used to stay up for hours, totally immersed in our own little world - ofter playing through the night and going home with the milkman.

Anyway, seeing how each of us was so engrossed and so protective of our own characters I started to build up a story from six different view points. I then went back and wrote the first chapter of six books all detailing the early years of 6 different characters: a magic user, a thief, a ranger, a cleric, a monk and a fighter.

Then off I went then and wrote the rest of the first book (160,000 words) about Kevan, the magic user. This was in 1999 and I had every intention of editing it down, but time went on and I moved on to other projects, trying to hone my skill, and it never saw the light of day - until now.

You see having worked with, and learnt a lot from my editor, Anne Buhrmann, I feel the time is right to carry this project forward and see where it takes me.

I think if I pitch it right, this could have legs!!!

No comments: