Sunday, September 21, 2008

FantasyCon 2008

Wow, just been blown away by a most fantastic time at FantasyCon 2008 in Nottingham run by the British Fantasy Society.

I have never attended one of these types of events before and it was both enlightening and entertaining. I met a whole new bunch of people, some like Simon R Green, who I didn't know from Adam until I started talking to him and found out that he is really big in the USA and has just made it onto the New York Times best seller list. Simon is such a friendly guy and gave me some brilliant, down to earth advice.

I attended some earth shattering seminars given by some of the Big Cheeses in the publishing world, a couple of book launches and a reading by James Barclay of his newest work.

Altogether attendance is to be highly recommended if like me you are interested in the SF&F genres and a MUST if you are writing on the subject. I will certainly be having my name down for next years event.

Now, back to my writing and finishing off the prologue for Spellcaster's Apprentice.

No comments: