Thursday, March 19, 2009

School Trip

Hi there,

Sales of 'Space Ace and The Flying Shed' are progressing steadily - mind you I had a bit of a 'to-do' with Amazon etc as they had listed both my name and the book title incorrectly - it's all OK now though, so if you want to order a first edition, there are still a few left.

I did my first school visit with the book to Church Eaton primary is Staffordshire and my thanks to Mrs Burton and Mr Winkle for inviting me in - I went to assembly to see all the kids dressed as a character from a book - they were magnificent in their costumes and then I had an hour with class 3 making monsters and talking about magic and witches and the like, before reading then the first chapter.

I then had an hour with class 4, where the kids started to design me a new book cover and I will be going back shortly to judge the winner and present them with a signed copy of the book.

I was exhausted by the end, but thrilled at the reception they gave me and the interest shown in this book and the first few chapters of 'Space Ace and The Roaming Romans', which I am working on at the moment.

I am hoping to get the book ready for the next round of publication by the YouWriteOn team, but I may not achieve the deadline - ho hum.

Still, I am looking forward to my next visit to a school, library or bookshop with 'Flying Shed.'

cheers

Ian

No comments: