Monday, April 14, 2008

Spellcaster's Apprentice is shaping up

I am really pleased with the way Spellcaster's Apprentice is going.

It is a project I have been working on for about twenty years and have visited it off and on over that time. I completed the first draft about 1o years ago, (then called Dragon's Apprentice, but there have been a few too many dragon books since then, so I have changed the title) but have moved on in my writing so much since then that the work that I am doing now is just leaps and bounds better than it was the last time I opened the book to look inside the pages.

I am trying not to rush it, but I am just dying to see what sort of reaction I get when I go live with it on the YWO website. You see they have just announced that the publisher Random House is going to be reading through the Top Ten books on the site each month for the next 6 months, so I want to get it posted, but I want to get it right first, to stand the best chance with the work.

I will also post the first draft on my website to see if I get any feedback from that too. If you get time to look at it please do and e mail me with your thoughts - the address is on the website.

Cheers

Ian

No comments: