Monday, February 18, 2008

Car crash Sunday

Hi There,

well I have pulled my latest version of Roaming Romans - I really wasn't happy with it after reading it through. For a start there is not enough about the wild child of the Iceni - Boudicca, and too much wafle without really getting anywhere.

So, after a hard weeks re plotting (I was off for 3 days last week as it was half term) then I have come up with somehthing I am a lot happier with. All I have to do now is write it...

My friend Erich Orser has just mailed me back after completing a read through of Space Ace and the Mysterious Black Craw and has given me some great feedback - so thank's Erich. His book, Young and Evil, is also a good read, but totally different from anything I have a mind to write.

And as for the car crash - well that was number one daughter, some stupid burk pulled out across the oncoming traffic and she could do nothing but side swipe him. Luckily she only suffered minor injuries - whiplash and the like - but it does put things into perspective a bit.

So, with our (my) mortality in mind, it has made me even more determined to publish in 2008 - either some very lucky publisher will have the wisdom to see how much potential there is in my work to make us both a tidy income and will write me an amazing e mail telling me just that.... or, I will set up my own publishing company, publish my own work, put together an rocket fuelled marketing strategy and, well let's just say that if I do, it will cost them a lot more toget me to come qnd work with tem the 2nd time fo asking. So... see you at the launch party.

Ian

No comments: