Friday, February 1, 2008

A Writer's woes

Hi There,

well another month has come and gone, and what was an enormous high (a No: 1 slot on YouWriteOn Top 10) has dribbled out to a lamentous low as afer a single poor review I got knocked down to 14th at the end of the month. So, so crtique from an agent or professional this month then.

Ho, hum - there is still next month to try again.

On the other hand.... ok, so now up to 10 out of 18 rejection letters from my fumble with US agents, but hey; some have them have come back unopened with 'gone away' all platsered all over them - was it something I said?

You know you keep reading that getting noticed and getting published is hard at the moment - and you thought, like me, pah! A load of bunkem. Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm begining to think they're right.

But, you know what they say; every cloud, and all that. I have been reading the yet unpublished work of a friend of mine, his name is Erich Orser from Tucson, Arizona. It is called 'Young & Evil' and is about a group of kids trying to survive after a plague wiped out all the adults - and it's fab. I am really hooked.

I hope you get chance to read it - if you want to have a look go to youwriteon.com and search for 'Squid' or 'Erich Orser' and then click onto his book and take a look.

Weel, I am off to try - yet again - to have a go at finishing Roaming Romans, this weekend. Ok, so it's after plumbing in my mate John's bathroom, and avoiding the snow - is it me, or do all writers get side tracked when all they really want to do is write?

No comments: